Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 00:58:24 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Alexis Yushin" <alexis@dawn.ww.net>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) APC UPS Command set

I have got this message forwarded to me and felt I should respond.

>I see there has been some discussion about writing stronger tools
>to manage APC UPS systems under FreeBSD.   Great!  I have systems with
>1400s and 600s if you need some beta sites for code.
>
>I had originally wanted to do the same thing but have been far too busy.
>Someone sent me this and I don't know where they got it, so the true author
>is unknown, and perhaps someone has filled-in more of the blanks since then.

	Well, I am already sick of writing the programm still I do this.
I've got already done:

	- apc specific part with comands
	- almost everything of configuration (YACC driven)
	- asynchronous serial line handling
	- software events handling conception (still to be implemented)

	The ups daemon is not APC oriented. The conception that there
are registers and triggers. Registers are commands, status registers,
options etc... Triggers are the string which could come any time from
the device (they are handled asyncronously). For example ``Y'' is an
initialize register with R_COMMAND flag set and ``*'' is a trigger
string which means the UPS is being shut down.

	Please. If anybody has anything on the UPS daemons or APC send
the materials to me directly. I hope to finish all the things in a month.

								alexis
--
     The more experienced you are the less people you can get advice from.