Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 02:23:22 -0500
From:      Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to debug jdk14 with gdb on -current

[2003-02-18 09:04] Alexey Zelkin said:
| hi,
|
| Are you really want to do it ? :)

yup!

| Two ways:
|
| 1. simply press 'c' and continue (some gdb's features won't be available
| in this case, like 'info threads', etc), but everything will work.
|
| 2. set breakpoint to SetLibraryPath(), find a 'newenv' variable content
| (calculated in this function), exit gdb, set *newenv variable of
| shell environment and start gdb again... Problem is gone. All features
| of gdb work like a charm :)

thanks much.

  BTW, I'm poking around the failing bind() calls, and it looks
like we need some way of setting sin6_scope_id on the ipv6 addr
struct.  I'm not very familiar with ipv6 programming, but all other
examples of ipv6 code use get(name|addr)info instead of
gethostby(name|addr) which _does_ set the sin6_scope_id properly.
Seeing how get(addr|name)info are POSIX/IPv6 interfaces, is there
any reason we shouldn't change the old gethostby(addr|name)
to use get(addr|name)info instead?  I'm (re)compiling the jdk14 with
a hack that sets sin6_scope_id = 1 when
IN6_IS_ADDR_LINKLOCAL(&(sa->sin6_addr)) to see if my sin6_scope_id
idea is correct.

  Have you already solved the network problems in your private
tree?  Also, do you have any plans to "open up" development of the
1.4 patchsets to the public (at least to the point where we had
read access to your works in progress)?  Or will we always have to
wait for you to release patchsets?  I ask this because I am ready
to spend a few hours to get java on freebsd in a working state, but
am _very_ hesitant to spend a weekend to solve problems that you've
already solved in your private sources.

thanks.

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman