Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:35:52 +1000
From:      Andrew Sinclair <syncman@optusnet.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Part of the Galaxy is missing! (MSFT, etc)

> Hmm, methinks I meant "script kiddies".  My mind
> may have been trapped in an alternate universe
> at that time, however.  YMMV.
>
> Some other folks asked me what I was smoking,
> anyway :-D
>
> KDK
I had a wierd dream about that outage. It
happened the night after I read the original
message of this thread. It was the next day and
someone had posted a message on the freebsd-chat
mailing list, stating that there was a story
about the outage.
    Anyway, I click on the link and read further.
It turns out that the MPAA and RIAA jointly
requested it in preparation for a raid on the
houses of suspected music and movie file traders.
The author of BitTorrent, "Bram Cohen," was also
arrested and later released on bail. He made some
sort of a statement at a press conference on how
this raid was illegal and a dissappointment to
the software industry and all. For some reason,
president George W. Bush was present at that
conference.
    Wierd.

        - Regards
            Andrew Sinclair