Date:      Tue, 2 May 1995 19:39:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Compress dumps?

> Typically, my intermediate backups are incremental, which pushes the
> time out considerably before the full backups would be archival,
> especially considering a tape rotation of the monthlies.

That's another nice thing about Amanda... it makes fulls throughout the
backup cycle whenever there's room for them, so you don't get a big hit all
at once and it's practical to do more fulls. If you're backing up more than
one system and you're not using Amanda you're just making work for yourself.