Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:17:18 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <ak@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: pop calls from script, 2nd attempt

Hello,

Thank you for your attention. But I have two another questions:

What access protocol is better: IMAP or POP3, and what server
implementation works better? I see imap-uw-4.7, cyrus-1.5.19, qpopper-2.53
in the FreeBSD ports...

As I understand, fetchmail only fetches mail. But I would like also
to get the mail written on the client side delivered, as if it were
written on the server side (i.e., with the address of user on the server
host, and so on). Can sendmail running on the client/server sides
provide it? Where could I read how to configure it?

Thanks,
Alexey