Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:24:22 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Sun Grid Engine 5.2.3 Available. Now Open Source

Sorry originally sent this to stable by mistake.

Terry Lambert wrote:

> Ron Chen wrote:
> >
> > Sun Grid Engine goes opensource. See SGE home page:
> >
> > http://www.sun.com/gridware
>
> I see no source code there, only Solaris and Linux binaries.

Click thru the licence agreement and at the very bottom of the page
you will find a source tar ball.  Plus CVS access is supposed to be
available but I haven't tried that yet.

I have downloaded, hacked a bit and compiled and semi-installed about
30mins ago.
On first appearance it does not have much more functionality than
NQS (ports/net/generic-nqs) except maybe some graphical interfaces
(which I have only seen in the docs so far).
Though the documentation is larger (I don't know about better ;-)

I'll try to make a port of it but it may take a while.
Like generic-nqs it has funny way of building and installing :-(

--
  Tony Maher
  Systems Engineer                       email: tonym@biolateral.com.au