Date:      Tue, 1 May 2001 23:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Colin Faber <cfaber@fpsn.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/27023: How can I  open and shut down , or just open certain  folders to certain users for telnet service , ftp services after  installation

The following reply was made to PR i386/27023; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Colin Faber <cfaber@fpsn.net>
To: ziejohn@hotmail.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: i386/27023: How can I  open and shut down , or just open certain
 folders to certain users for telnet service , ftp services after
 installation
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 00:24:02 -0600

 This really isn't a bug and shouldn't be posted on this list, how ever
 the answer to your first question, the following files you would need to
 edit: /etc/hosts.allow /etc/inetd.conf to add users see adduser (8),
 Next you can use sockstat to figure out what application is using the
 desired port, Then use kill (1) or killall (1) to stop the process.