Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:35:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      Robert_Burmeister <robert.burmeister@utoledo.edu>
To:        freebsd-office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: databases/firebird25-client

marius adrian popa wrote
> Robert Burmeister
> <Robert.Burmeister <at>
>  UToledo.edu> writes:
>

>> FreeBSD 10.2 i386.
>>
>> firebird25-client 2.5.4 fails to build, blocking build of libreoffice
> 5.0.2
>>

> Tested and worked without issue on a fresh Freebsd 10.2 amd64 (virtualbox)
>
> I followed this guide for compiling and installing
> firebird25-server/firebird25-client

I am stumped by portupgrade -f libreoffice.

The upgrade from 4.3.7 to 5.0.1 worked.
The upgrade from 5.0.1 to 5.0.1_1 worked.
Upgrading from 5.0.1_1 to 5.0.2 is either broken or requires more
documentation.

Firebird25-client 2.5.4 is brought in as a dependency,
and seg faults when building.

As my base system and >1000 ports compile without issue,
it is reasonable to suspect that there is something wrong with the port.

The only differences I can identify are that I am running I386,
I have upgraded to clang36 to accommodate C++14 ports,
and I have /usr/ports on a different slice than /tmp,
(which I have seen cause seg faults in port builds before).

It is reasonable to expect that a port build on a 32 bit UFS system with
clang36.

Is anyone interested in troubleshooting this issue?