Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:29:09 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, pechter@shell.monmouth.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle and Linux

On Tue, Sep 08, 1998 at 11:18:05AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > According to news.com:
> >
> > http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,26094,00.html?st.ne.fd.mdh
> >
> > "Oracle is developing marketing and technology partnerships with
> > U.S.-based Red Hat Software and VA Research, Europe and North
> > America-based SuSE, and Japanese firm Pacific HiTech.
> > All four develop software for the Linux market."
> >
> > What are we doing in this area for FreeBSD...
>
> Nothing until Oracle indicates that they're willing to even consider
> FreeBSD (which, as of last contact, they were not).  Until then, I
> guess we'd better make sure our linux emulation is up to it.

And loudly announce that the Linux port of Oracle and Informix runs on
FreeBSD and that there are companies that are using FreeBSD, Oracle, and
Informix for product development.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses