Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:45:01 +0000
From:      Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is your Thunderbird OK?

On Monday 24 September 2007 07:19:49 Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Just been wondering about this for long weeks. I have some complain
> Thudnerbird's the speed when it start up on FreeBSD. Its speed is very
> slow. While thunderbird start up, I go to brew coffee. Aside from that,
> Thunderbird is the best MUA, indeed.

I have not noticed this speed issue with Thunderbird.  I use kmail for the
most part but now and then some mail is not visible in kmail and appears to
be just headers with no message body, and in those cases I use Thunderbird to
read those emails that I can't see in kmail.  Thunderbird comes up as fast as
kmail does.  The only problem that I do have with Thunderbird is that it
sometimes says that I have the maximum number of connections (I use IMAP)
open.  kmail never says that.