Date:      Fri, 23 May 2008 10:36:36 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@cokane.org>
To:        Eric Anholt <eric@anholt.net>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Feature requests for open-source graphics

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 13:17 -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Just met up w/ mhopf on #radeonhd on freenode. He pushed some updates to
> his radeonhd repo that might fix some GL bugs I've run into that prevent
> me from giving my changes a thumbs-up or not here.
>
> After today's buildworld/buildkernel I hope to have a little more
> results for you as to whether I have a functional DRI on my RS690.

Eric,

Here's another update... I've pushed my newest stuff to
~cokane/drm-cokane.git on freefall. Recently airlied merged in the
support for vblank interrupts on the r500/rs6xx chips. The interrupt
code seems to work on my system (I can see the interrupts fired by
carefully placed printfs).

FYI I am only focusing on the radeon code with this driver... so I've
disabled all the others in the bsd-core/Makefile.

I must still be missing some other functionality here though... and I'd
like to know if you could help me track it down. What happens is I get a
black space where the OpenGL output should be under hardware rendering.
The card seems to take all of the commands, and the drm driver provides
sane return codes to the Xserver/radeonhd, not spitting any errors
during rendering. I've been following the console output produced by
setting hw.dri.0.debug=1, but I am not 100% certain I could parse errors
from the output if I knew how.

The DRI rendering never seems to occur to my screen, but OpenGL programs
seem to think that they are running fine. I can even get decent FPS
numbers from glxgears, and a huge blob of seemingly good data from
glxinfo.

--
Coleman Kane