Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:53:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Rich Bud <rbud@fortean.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, deischen@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, jasone@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pthread_create under stable

I don't have a -stable alpha handy, but I think I'm seeing the same
problem under -current:

Starting program: /usr/src/lib/libc_r/test/hello_d

0x1600c1ff0 in _thread_kern_scheduler ()
    at /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c:177
177             if ((_thread_run->flags & PTHREAD_FLAGS_PRIVATE) == 0)

I don't know enough about how to debug threads to be very helpful
here.   I did notice one rather disturbing warning though:

/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_sig.c: In function `_thread_sig_wrapper':
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_sig.c:1003: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

			(*(sigfunc))(psf->signo,
			    (siginfo_t *)psf->siginfo.si_code, &psf->uc);

si_code is a 32-bit int; you can't cast that to a 64-bit pointer on an
alpha and expect to have a useful pointer..

I hope one of the threads maintainers can figure it out prior to
4.2-RELEASE.  This is a real show-stopper.

Also, I wonder if it is related to the crt0 changes?

Drew