Date:      Sun, 03 Mar 2002 21:02:26 -0600
From:      ken burk <kburk@midsouth.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Thank You

I just want to write a quick note here and say a big Thank You to all
the people who are developing and useing this wonderfull operating
system.I am a home user that spends at least 7 hours per day online and
am quite good at finding anything I want to download.I have run about
every os that M$ has ever put out includeing xp corporate pro and the
new .net enterprise server and the FreeBsd 4.5 I downloaded last
sunday/monday beats them all hands down.The responce is awesome as
windoze has never worked this fast or felt so stable.I like it so much
that I went to comp usa yesterday and bought the FreeBsd powerpack 4.4
for 69 dollars.I'm still running the 4.5 I downloaded but the powerpack
came with 10 cd's and an 800 page book (why cant bill sell his that
cheap??xp pro is 299.00,has 1 cd and a booklet and is such a resourse
hog).I had never run any form of unix before and only knew the ls
command when I did the standard install but I quickly got onto the man
command and 2 nights later got it online with dhcp client,e-mail and
yahoo messenger setup.It's a whole new ballgame to me and im haveing to
much fun and with so many free apps,tools and updates to choose from I
will never go back to M$ agian for any reason.I just collected the warez
and os's off the web for something to do and never sold them but some of
you will be glad to know that you have made an honest man out of me as I
wont ever mess with them agian and thats a good feeling.Mabey I havent
found the right place on your website yet but I would like to see a
little more "hold my hand" help for newbies like me on the x-windows gui
as im haveing a very hard time finding out how to change my screen
resolution (cont,alt +,- wont do it) and installing the ports.Thank
goodness for alt mouse click to move the big window so I can see the
buttons at the bottom.I have been wearing google out the last few days
for imformation.If you guys made the probe just a little smarter and
booted new users to a gui with cd burning,modem setup and e-mail
wizards,etc.so it was an easy setup for dummies like me  I really
believe you could sell it for a reasonable price and bring micro$oft to
its knees in about 1 year because FreeBsd is a superior product.I have
come a long way in a short time and will get mine but most americans
arent gonna take the time to do all the required reading so they will
stick with bill and have to live with all the bugs and security holes in
the bloted os's they have to upgrade for high dollar each year.Seems
like bill is putting out a new one every other day and you guys have
stuck to improveing this for the last 17 years.Good Job.When I get mine
down a little better I plan on spending a lot of time helping others and
converting everyone I know to a real os.Thanks agian,

Ken Burk