Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:01:13 -0500
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSE next steps...

* Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> [010928 02:44] wrote:

> int abort_thread(struct kt_context *ktc); /* if we find a thread in */
> 				/* this process that has this ktc, */
> 				/* then if it is sleeping, abort the syscall */
> 				/* if it is running, let it continue but set */
> 				/* flag so that if it tries to sleep, it aborts */
> 				/* instead */

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, this will not be possible without
a tremendous amount of work, a variation that may work is allowing
the syscall to run to completion, returning the error code and then
aborting it.  Too much code would have to change if tsleep became
a cancellation point.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]