Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:47:31 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

Niall Smart <njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:
> With all respect, studies show that only 1/100000 people install FreeBSD
> to play text mode games.

With all respect, I -teach- aspects of UNIX via games.

As was pointed out, the VI cursor mode keys are in Rogue. Kids learn
much quicker when playing games, and you will lose the Linux vs
FreeBSD illusory war when you tell the kids that FreeBSD does not come
with games but Linux does.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

    A suggested definition of "sin" - Trading aliveness for survival.