Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2001 21:56:53 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        Joseph Gleason <clash@tasam.com>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Finding filesizes in C++ for files greater than 4gb

Joseph Gleason wrote:

> [...]

I think you got him on that, but [cut and paste of two consecutive lines from the manpage]...

         off_t     st_size;              /* file size, in bytes */
         int64_t   st_blocks;            /* blocks allocated for file */

If the manpage specifies int64_t for the blocks, even though off_t isn't specified in the manpage, what does it lead you to assume?

Although 64-bit file sizes have been part of FreeBSD since 2.0-RELEASE back in 1994 [as I recall], maybe the manpages should reflect
this fact by means other than the deductive reasoning outlined above.  Joseph has made a good point.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!