Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 16:32:07 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Port questions

 * I'm attempting a port of xmcd, since it seems it's not a standard
 * port any longer.  If there is a reason for not having it as a port
 * or someone else is working on it, please let me know.

It's in audio/xmcd, you can get it by ftp or sup.  However, it's not
linked to the parent Makefile because it requires Motif.

 *         Malloc warning: free(): junk pointer (too high)
 *         Malloc warning: free(): junk pointer (too high)
 *         Malloc warning: free(): junk pointer (too high)
 *         Malloc warning: free(): junk pointer (too high)

 * Anyone else have any problems like this?  Will this warning message be a
 * problem for submitting the port?

This is phkmalloc (the new malloc in -current libc) doing some sanity
checks.  Yes, it is better if you can fix this, but currently we can't
offer much help for Motif-requiring ports. :(

Satoshi