Date:      Fri, 13 May 2005 01:42:51 -0500
From:      "Ross A. Beyer" <rbeyer@rossbeyer.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: opendx-4.3.2_4 port

ports list,

My apologies for not understanding.  I was simply following the
instructions in section 4.7 of the Handbook, "Send email to the
maintainer of the port first."  I suppose there should be a clause
there that says "unless the maintainer is listed as ports@FreeBSD.org,
in which case, go directly to the send-pr step.

I suppose I should use send-pr to submit this to the docs category,
but there may be other issues relevant to that issue that I may not
be cognizant of.

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 04:05:29AM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> You may take the maintainership and/or write a PR on the
> case. Handbook, Portersbook and man send-pr are your friends. That's
> how this great and free software is going on.

I'm afraid that I don't feel comfortable enough with the Porter's
Handbook to become the maintainer, I'll submit the PR.

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 04:32:47AM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libdf.so.1" not found, required by
> "startupui"
> >
> > The libdf.so library is a part of the science/hdf port. ?Installation
> > of the hdf FreeBSD port then allowed proper function of opendx.
> >
> > So it appears that the science/hdf port needs to be added as a
> > requirement for the graphics/opendx port.
>
> That dependency is already present in the current port.

Hmmm, I do see that enclosed in an ".if defined" statement, but
I can't say that I understand how all of the make targets interact.
All I can say is that I added the package (with portinstall -NPRv),
and the science/hdf port was not installed.  I'll detail that in
the PR.  Thanks for pointing it out.
--
                                             Ross