Date:      Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:54:39 +0200
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        andrew.walters@cerebrum.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg woes

andrew.walters@cerebrum.com.au wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I have been working my way through the handbook,
> step-by-step. I am running FreeBSD 6.2 and xorg 7.2. I was hoping that
> it would figure it all out by itself but it only puts a very basic
> structure in the conf file which doesn't even include the monitor sync
> and refresh rates. I will re-try with the nvidia driver and see how I
> get on.

Did you try *without* an /etc/X11/xorg.conf? I have so far upgraded
three systems to 7.2 and a laptop is the only one I need this file with
when connected to external monitor. The others works best without xorg.conf.

xorg should figure out most data by itself, so what happens now when you
try to start it?