Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:32:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Paul Albrecht <palbrecht@nconnect.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Paul Albrecht wrote:

> I would like to install free bsd to a zip disk, is it possible.  I am
> running win95 right now and I would like to dual boot between the two.  I
> have heard it is poosible to set up a boot menu that allows so much time
> and after that it will automaticly boot to win95.  If you wanted to boot up
> into bsd you would have to hit a certian key.  Please help me.

Ugh.  That might be tricky.  Obviously you must have the SCSI version of
the Zip for this to even get close to working properly.

1.  Search the mail archives and get the disktab details for the zip.
2.  Fdisk/disklabel/newfs a Zip disk.
3.  (?)  Boot the boot floppy and do an install to that disk, mounting
your FSs instead of newfsing them.

Let us know the results, and good luck.