Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:40:02 -0500
From:      "hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)" <hackmiester@hackmiester.com>
To:        Jerold McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Network mail

On 8 September 2006, at 11:45, Jerold McAllister wrote:

> hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) writes:
>> I'm old school. Back in my day, we didn't have the Internet we =20
>> have  today, and our UNIX boxes could mail over the network we had =20=

>> strung.  I don't care what mail app I use. I just want to be able =20
>> to have two  boxes, boxbox and snowy, for example, and be able to =20
>> 'mail boxbox'  from snowy and vice versa. This has to be on a =20
>> system-wide basis, so  people on my shell server can do it easily. =20=

>> Any ideas? A quick tutorial?
>> --=20
>> hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)
>
> If you have some network connection between the two boxes (and any =20
> others)
> Just follow the handbook and set up sendmail on each.   If you do =20
> not want
> Email from anywhere else, then set it up to accept mail connections =20=

> only
> from those two boxen.
> You don't need any of the other fancy stuff out there unless you =20
> see some
> feature that you just gotta have.

So, as long as I set up sendmail and one host knows the other's name =20
and can resolve it, it will Just Work=99?

> ////jerry

--=20
hackmiester (Hunter Fuller)

<svinx> yknow when you go to a party, and everyones hooked up except =20
one guy and one girl
<svinx> and so they look at each other like.. do we have to?
<svinx> intel & nvidia must be lookin at each other like that right now

Phone
Voice: +1 251 589 6348
Fax: Call the voice number and ask.

Email