Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 00:23:56 +0100
From:      Ben C.O.Grimm <Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet (ed0) not working

On 10 Feb 2000 19:50:44 +0000, Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net> wrote:

> You guys sure you dont have in IRQ conflict someplace?  And that the IRQ
> freebsd is config'd for matches the IRQ you have your card set to?

The card was on IRQ 10 in a previous install of Windo...erm..some
other OS-like entity (even though I had to switch is to PnP mode
manually; switched back to NE2000 mode now). It's on IRQ 10 now, and
there were no conflicts reported in the pre-install phase. Once I
figured out 0x280 wasn't going to work (even though that's listed as
the default for ed0) I switched over to 0x300. The card was picked up
and recognized at boot-time, but that's about all.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -