Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:21:40 -0800
From:      Eli Dart <dart@nersc.gov>
To:        Matt Wilbur <matt@efs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1000baseSX driver support?

--==_Exmh_936275336P

The syskonnect 1000baseSX and 1000baseTX cards work quite well as of
4.2-RELEASE (man sk).  I can only assume that they continue to be
supported (they are as of 4.4-R.....).

If you have existing tigon nics, this won't help you.  If you're
looking for stuff to buy, syskonnect cards work fine.

		--eli

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to figure out if there are *any* 1000baseSX NICs supported in
> 4.5-RELEASE?  I've tried a GA-621T and a Tigeon (3c985B), with no luck.
> LINT suggests that nge will support DP83820 and DP83821 chipsets.. but our
> GA621T (with a DP83820) won't work.  It suggests that ti will support
> Tigon 1 and 2, but our 3c985B doesn't work.
>
> Am I crazy trying to make this work?  Any suggestions would be *greatly*
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> - Matt

--==_Exmh_936275336P