Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:18:51 -0500
From:      "David" <djhill@novagate.net>
To:        <oliver@n2mail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: conf/23192: FTP REALLY slow on internal NIC aswel (12kb/s)

Hi -
    Ever since the 4.x releases and my new motherboard, I have had the same
problem.  I have tried with both Intel and Linksys cards.  My motherboard is
a Tyan Trinity 400 S1854.  If I ftp into my freebsd machine from 2 other
windows machines on my network, i transfer from 5K-15K/sec.  My internet
connectivity is normal however.  Its kind of mind boggling.  I tried putting
on Windows ME on my machine to see if it was the NIC, cable, or OS.  Turns
out, I can do 100Mbps in Windows.  So there is obviously something wacked
with FreeBSD's drivers or networking.  However, I am sure they are working
on it.

David