Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 17:46:20 -0600
From:      Kimito Sakata <kimitos@ares.csd.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.0 installation

Hello,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.0 that I got from our FTP site on my
system and am have a problem. The BOOT from the BOOT.FLP floppy procedure
goes along pretty well until it gets to load the sysinstall and gets the
message.

"Panic: page fault".

After this all it will allow me to do is press a key and reboot(or wait 15
seconds and it does it by itself).

My PC(nothing special):
386DX-33MHZ with 4 Mbytes of memory. 698MB Quantum Lightning ATA drive.
2 serial ports, 1 parallel port. It does have a LCD screen(VGA) that is part
of the "lunch box portable" enclosure screen. I don't think that the screen
is the problem because it doesn't seem to have problems displaying messages
& text.

The FreeBSD files I got:
1 floppy with boot.flp(done with rawrite.exe).
1 floppy with root.flp(done with rawrite.exe).
c:\freebsd\floppies
        boot.flp
        root.flp
c:\freebsd\bin
        all the bin.xx from the FTP site(bin.aa to bin.cp). 16Mbytes worth
c:\freebsd\tools
        all the tools from the FTP site

Am I missing something?
What does "page fault" mean?
Is there more FAQ or docs that descript errors or panics?

Regards.(& HELP!)

Kimito