Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:30:16 -0800
From:      <nathan@corp.wac.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   satellite internet.

Hi all!

I've been trying to setup my FreeBSD 4.1 box for Satellite Internet. The
specs are:

Dish (obviously)
Card (TeleMann SkyMedia 200D:
http://www.telemann.com/products/SkyMedia200D.html)
now this card has linux support.. but not BSD support.

Now, I have been playing with this for a while.. And I can't seem to get it
to work.
Anyone have any ideas on how I could get it to work? Anyone using the same
Equip?
I'm a little confused on how the Kernel is going to recognize it and how the
Device is
going to be used.

The process of this service is like DirecTV's Internet stuff. But this is
not through them
if that helps at all. As for the people who don't know how it works. This is
how it goes:

Your computer dials out with the modem and authenticates that way. This is
also used
for your Upstream. Then the Satellite is used for Downstream.  If anyone can
help, I'd
love you hear your opinions. The best thing to do, would be change hardware
I know
this, but I was given this hardware, and am suppose to make it work, so I am
looking
to the wonderful BSD community for help!

Thanks everyone.
Nathan.