Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:21:00 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        ken burk <kburk@midsouth.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 config (Was:: Thank You)

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:02:26PM -0600, ken burk wrote:

[...]
> wont ever mess with them agian and thats a good feeling.Mabey I havent
> found the right place on your website yet but I would like to see a
> little more "hold my hand" help for newbies like me on the x-windows gui
> as im haveing a very hard time finding out how to change my screen
> resolution (cont,alt +,- wont do it) and installing the ports.Thank
> goodness for alt mouse click to move the big window so I can see the
> buttons at the bottom.I have been wearing google out the last few days
> for imformation.

Yup. Setting up X sucks. But once you've got a usable config to tweak,
getting it to work on other systems isn't so bad. If you'd like to provide
us with the version of XFree86 you're using, as well as the card you're
using, maybe the list can come up with a usable config for you.

The -questions list is the place to ask for answers, there's also a
-newbies list for sharing the newbie vibe.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>