Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:28:04 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        Stacy Olivas <olivas@digiflux.org>, bsd-advocacy@daemonnews.org, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [bsd-advocacy] Re: Draft: Proposed FreeBSD PubRel project Charter

Eric Anderson wrote:
> Before we go into getting this stamped for approval, please read my
> to this team structure.. I think we should have 5, and only 5 (no less,
> no more) CORE MEMBERS that each have different angles/skillsets (that's
> the short version).

An even number is better than an odd number, if you are talking
about having to vote by majority on issues, FWIW.  This is because
an even number requires a clear consensus (with the default being
"no change from the status quo").  Otherwise you end up with
nepotism, vote trading, and voting blocks, with a uniformly
unrepresented (in the results of votes) minority.

The U.S. Supreme Court has an odd number to force a decision, even
if it's not the right decision, because they are the court of last
appeal; the closest they can come to a non-decision is abstinance
from the vote and/or a general refusal to hear the case.

-- Terry