Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:37:53 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        ksun@essex.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Really need help.

K Sun wrote:
<snip>
>         Another Problem is, after I fail to install it from Internet, I
> try to install it from DOS Partition. I download all the files of the
> directory "BIN" and save them in "C:\3.0-RELEASE\BIN". When I want to
> proceed the minimal installation from DOS Partition, there is a fault
> about "...... VTY4, panic: vm_..." .  I installed Windows98 in my DOS
> Partition, but the file system is "FAT 16".
>          I really hope to successfully install it earlier, so really
> hope some implication about my above two problems.
>
>         Sun Kai

As for the second part, I noticed that FreeBSD 3.0-R is non-intuitive about
installing from a FAT partition.  Try moving all of the c:\3.0-RELEASE\* files
to c:\, as that worked for me.  The proper solution is probably in TROUBLE.TXT
or the readme file, but I cannot recall where.

--
Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu