Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF -current users: HEADS UP

On 6 Sep 1998, Dag-Erling Coidan [iso-8859-1] Smørgrav wrote:

> Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net> writes:
> > Move _all_ your a.out libs (except perhaps your static ones, which can
> > most likely be deleted) to /usr/lib/aout. This frees up any other dirs to
> > be purely ELF.
>
> Hmpfs. I'd put local (ports-derived or home-grown) a.out libs in
> /usr/local/lib/aout.

What I actually did was:

/usr/lib/aout
/usr/lib/aout/X11
/usr/lib/aout/local

But I don't see as it makes a huge difference where they're put, if you're
not going to building any more a.out libs.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |