Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 1996 14:58:09 -0700
From:      Blair Schmittel <blair@oddis.cyber-naut.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about the CDRom

I have a client that is buying the FreeBSD Cd-Rom from Walnut Creek.  One problem, he doesn't have SCSI CD-Rom drive.  He says it isn't IDE either.  I was thinking ATAPI, he said it had a 16 pin ribbon ccable.

Anyway, saying this is ATAPI, what are the chances that it will install (being ATAPI suport is still experimental) correctly?  I figure he'll have problems anyway because he is a novice UNIX user anyway.

Thanks,
Blair