Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:43:35 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ripping audio CDs

Hi Drew,

> I don't see this port.
Sorry, my locate database wasnīt updated. It seems to be gone as separate
package, but according to the description it should be included in
/usr/ports/sysutils/cdrecord
/usr/ports/audio/dagrab should be another possibility, but I didnīt use it, so
dontīt know exactly.

> I see ripit, and ripit-atapi, which Steve Price
> recommended to me, but I also run 4.1, and ripit-atapi failed because of
> the cdd port breakage. I notice that's listed as broken because of
> pre-CAM scsi layer, since I'm using atapi, does that really matter to
> me?

I think I tried cdda2wav succesfully also with an ATAPI-Goldstar, but canīt
check anymore, as I changed to a SCSI-TEAC.

Hope this helps

Siegbert