Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:59:57 +0100
From:      Thomas Wintergerst <Thomas.Wintergerst@nord-com.net>
To:        Volker <Volker@VWSoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b newbie questions: debugging and pppd

Hi Volker,

Volker wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
> Thank you for your answer. Late is never too late! :)

[...]
> Not a problem, I'll try to fetch a B1 (the ISA version can be bought
> cheap on ebay).

...and even PCI version. But no problem, both variants are supported by c4b.

>> But currently there is no patch or something like that for HylaFax to
>> support CAPI on BSD machines. I did some testing on the fax service, but
>> only with a little test tool, not with a real application. Maybe
>> someone is willing to adapt HylaFax to "CAPI for BSD"?
>

> hmm, I guess here may come the Capi4Hylafax (AVM) into the game. It's
> originally written for Suse Linux to get Hylafax working with a CAPI
> driver but I guess it should be possible to port it to BSD, too (as soon
> as there's a CAPI driver). I'll take a look and will try a port.

Good luck. I hope I will hear of Your results. But I think we will
exchange some mails during this process. As c4b is very new there _will_
be some bugs (even if I currently do not know of any ;-) ). And You
might have some question regargind minor BSD specific differences to the
Linux CAPI.

[...]

--

Thomas Wintergerst