Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:03:13 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Instead of freebsd.com, why not...

That is really stupid since there's been many security patches that have
come out in the last year that require rebooting during their install.

If your NT system touches a network that touches the Internet, it needs
to be patched to current levels.  Failing to do this means you have a
lack of consideration for the rest of us on the Internet, as unpatched
Windows systems are the single greatest source of viruses and spam and
attacks and other trouble on the Internet today.

I suppose you don't fix the catalyatic converter on your car when
it ruptures, either.

> Fragmentation is difficult to avoid entirely, but some file systems are
> better at dealing with it than others.  NTFS is no worse than UNIX in
> this respect, as far as I can tell,

Yes it is.  That is why Diskkeeper is standard for all NTFS servers that
exist within Microsoft.  Another little Microsoft secret for Microsquish
employees and their friends.

> Emotional assertions don't persuade me, and you need not feel sorry for
> me, as everything runs perfectly here.

Except that your not patching, and worse you announced your running
unpatched
windows systems on a public forum - hmm, let's see if I can get that
keyboard
capture program installed on your system before the others do....

Ted