Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:00:45 +0000
From:      Shani Michaeli <shanim@mellanox.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Hans Petter Selasky <hanss@mellanox.com>
Subject:   Does lox interfaces support looping ethernet traffic?

Hi,
I'm trying to send traffic to myself (server and client on the same machine=
) using rdma connection management.
I'm failing.
What I saw is that in netstat -rn all traffic with my IP destination go thr=
ough lo0, and therefore the rtalloc1 function (in file route.c) returns lo0=
.
My problem is when using arpresolve (in file if_ether.c) afterwards, in ord=
er to retrieve the MAC, the arpresolve fails for lo0 (I can see also that i=
t doesn't have MAC addr).
So my question is what should I do in order to be able to send traffic to m=
yself using the functions rtalloc1 and arpresolve?

Thanks,
Shany Michaely | SW Engineer