Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:06:34 -0600
From:      baram@home.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   su segfaults, why?

Hello,
I have tried executing fetchmail as a user from /usr/local/etc/rc.d
and noticed that it would segfault. So i tried the following from
command line: (writing this from memory..)
# su user '/usr/local/bin/fetchmail'
segfault (core dumped)
# su user uptime
segfault (core dumped)
If user shell is zsh, then the core file is left in ~user directory,
otherwise there is none..So, is this an incorrect usage of su on my
part? I am running 3.2-STABLE from around July 7th.

 Thanks,
Alex