Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:51:08 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.1R ISO CD Image ??

In message <19990218195418.A2540@ipass.net> Randall Hopper wrote:
> |   ...take one
> |   FreeBSD distribution directory, one XFree86 directory, one pruned
> |   (to fit one what's left of one 650MB CD image) packages directory,
> |   blop it all into a single directory and run mkisofs over the whole
> |   mess
>
>Works fine if you have time to burn.  Full-time work + grad school ==>
>deferred to summer vacation. :-(

Hmm.  I did only the first 2 steps (since I like to build ports from
source anyway and didn't want to pick and choose packages to put on the
CD) and it took about 10 minutes of effort.

Step 1. Configure mirror to grab the distribution directory and the XFree86
 directory.
Step 2. Come back tomorrow (or Monday) after mirror has finished and
 run mkisofs.  (Disclaimer: I actually used hycd; our CDR is connected
 to a sun =( )

  Bill