Date:      	Tue, 6 Feb 1996 15:34:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail.cf question

On Tue, 6 Feb 1996, Bruce Bauman wrote:

> If I just install FreeBSD from CD-ROM, where does the default sendmail.cf come
> from? I want to make some modifications to it, but I believe that I want to
> modify the .mc (m4 input file) directly, rather than the sendmail.cf file. Is
> freefall.mc the right place to start?

  No.  freefall.mc was used to build sendmail.cf for freefall.cdrom.com
and is provided as an example.

> Do I just copy freefall.mc to myconfig.mc and modify as appropriate? Is this well
> documented anywehre? I have the O'Reilly book, but can't seem to find the info
> that I want.

  As I recall, the ORA book does not really deal with the new macro based
way of building sendmail.cf files via a *.mc file, but rather details the
guts of sendmail.cf.

  As I recall, to build a sendmail.cf from a *.mc file, requires a few
other macros files too.  If you want to do it this way, get the sendmail
kit from ftp.cs.berkeley.edu

Tom