Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:30:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@WillsCreek.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CERN - wiht CGI

prrprado@rgm.fmrp.usp.br wrote:

> I can't use CGI, an internar error occurs: "Internar erro: execve()
> failed", in the browser is Error 500. What can I do?

1. Verify that the CGI is actually executable.  Try running it outside
   the server (i.e., from the command line).
2. Make sure that the server is trying to run the appropriate program.
   Is the CGI in the directory the server expects it to be in?
3. Switch to Apache.  More people use it, so it'll be easier for you
   to get support.

-----
Brian Clapper, bmc@WillsCreek.COM, http://WWW.WillsCreek.COM/
There's no real need to do housework -- after four years it doesn't get
any worse.