Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:27:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Bill Renneker <bill@itctel.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation question (from CD)

> I'm not certain from the documentation whether I need to remove Windows
> first (the disk is not partitioned), or whether perhaps installing FreeBSD
> would remove Windows. If I need to remove Windows, can you tell me how?
> Also, does DOS need to stay--and if not, how do I uninstall DOS?

	If you're 100% sure you don't need either, just install
FreeBSD. It is a full operating system, as is Dos and Windows. If you need
Dos/Windows, then follow the instructions for a Dual boot system.

> I'm using an external Backpack CD drive connected to the parallel port that
> I plan to use for the CD installation.  Do you anticipate any problems with
> this?

	I could be wrong with 4.0 but these drives are not supported. For
that matter, no parallel port CDRom drive is supported.

						Rick