Date:      Thu, 10 May 2007 17:54:09 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        oli.garnier@free.fr
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:03:41AM +0200, oli.garnier@free.fr wrote:
> I'm trying to get work a WMP54G Linksys Wireless card.
> I should work with .ko normal driver (ra.ko or ral.ko don'r remember) but=
 it
> doesn't.

The problem might be that wireless card manufacturers sometimes switch
the chipset on the card without changing the type number. So before you
buy a card, you need to know the chipset that is used on the card, so
you can check if it is supported. Sometimes you can see it on the
packaging, but usually you have to take a look at the card. And it can
happen that all the chips are behind a metal shield, in which case
you're out of luck.

Roland
--=20

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc