Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:12:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux StarOffice51 runs on -stable

With relatively small amount of  hackery, the StarOffice51 for Linux can
be forced to run on FreeBSD. Both, the setup and the office itself.

To run  setup, you need  to unzip the setup.zip  (with the -L  flag) and
make all the  libraries there known to the ld-linux.so.  (I just added a
new directory to /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf).

Then -- run setup according to StarDivision's documentation.

Before running soffice  for the first time -- apply  the trick described
by Andre Albsmeier on

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=432982+436209+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-hackers/19980628.freebsd-hackers

to the freshly installed lib/libosl516li.so

	mv libosl516li.so libosl516li.so.bak
	sed -e 's,/proc/%u/cmdline,/compat/linux/so,' \
		< libosl516li.so.bak > libosl516li.so
	touch /compat/linux/so

If Sun doesn't release the sources this month, I'll submit a port...

	-mi