Date:      2 Feb 2002 06:50:35 -0000
From:      Jay Edwards <jayed@jayed.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/34547: [patch] edits of FAQ Introduction

>Number:         34547
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       [patch] edits of FAQ Introduction
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD bigjay.jayed.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Jan 4 20:38:29 CST 2002 jayed@bigjay.jayed.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BIGJAY i386

	in 1.5:
		-- change "and/or" to "and" or "or"
		-- remove reference to native language when explaining dual meaning of "free"
		-- replace "you really can do" with "you can do"
	in 1.6:
		-- change "Briefly explained" to "Briefly"
		-- remove reference to "ISP or corporate user"; any type of user could use STABLE
		-- replace "low change count" with "minimal number of changes"
		-- replace "wizzy" with "new (and possibly unstable)
		-- rewrite last sentence in second para to elimiate a lot of "you"s
		-- change "Releases are only made" to "Releases are made"
	in 1.7:
		-- change "are sometimes treated" with "may be treated"
		-- remove "Nowadays"
		-- change "are now being made available" with "are available"
		-- change "and/or" to "and" or "or"
		-- change "bootstrapping it onto" to "installing it on"
		-- change "preserve" to "maintain"; implies an ongoing process
		-- change "code in question" to "branch in question"
		-- remove use of "we"
		-- remove use of "like"
		-- change "any new feature in need of testing" with "all new features and fixes"
		-- change "once a day" with "daily"
	in 1.9:
		-- change "As a general principle" with "As a rule"
		-- make "FreeBSD core team" agree with verb
		-- change "when they believe that" with "when"
		-- change "and/or" to "and"
		-- major rewrite of the rest of the first sentence; emphasise stability and testing
		-- change "the people working" to "the developers working"
		-- change "although" to "though"
		-- remove "on average"
		-- change "every day" to "daily"
	in 1.11:
		-- change "once a day" to "daily"
		-- change "once a day" to "every day"
		-- change "being of service purely" to "only useful"

There are possibly other minor changes that have not been documented.  If you accept my patch, PLEASE look for whitespace issues carefully, jade is currently broken on my CURRENT so I couldn't build it.
>How-To-Repeat:
	NA
>Fix:

patch