Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:20:19 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "K. Macy" <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Automatically running /usr/tests on stable/10 branch under Jenkins

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM, K. Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> (2)  Creates a bootable UFS image with makefs
> >
> > any chance zfs will be used as well?
> >

> Seconded. There are residual locking issues issues in ZFS.
> Particularly in the less exercised areas.

I think what would be an interesting exercise is to set up a Jenkins job to
build
and boot a bhyve VM with ZFS, and then run
the ZFS Test Suite, ported by Alan Somers to FreeBSD:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-testing/2014-August/000503.html

Are there any volunteers who would like to help set that up and get it
running
under Jenkins?

> Along those same lines, do you have any sort of watchdog in case it
> deadlocks?

No.

You can look at our scripts used to build and boot the various VM's:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jenkins#Repositories

It's all on github, so if you think you have new scripts to add, or fixes
to existing scripts,
you can feel free to do a github pull request to contribute.

--
Craig