Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 04:02:19 +0200
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net>
To:        Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@CS.WM.EDU>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: : hiding OS name

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:48:39PM -0400, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 01:41:21AM +0200, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> >
> > one thing I dislike w/ OpenBSD is that there are almost no advisories
> > ?  are they "so" secure or are they just hidding things like "not
> > seen, not caught" ?
>
> One thing I dislike is when people voice the opinion before checking the
> facts.  You've probably heard some rumour and never really tried to

don't you see the question marks ?

> check is it true or not, right? I suppose you are not subscribed to

wrong, I don't listen rumours...

> OpenBSD announcement lists either? Well check this out:

you made a wrong assertion here, that's because I'm registered for
some time now that I know there is no advisories announcement except
the OpenSSH onces :P

> http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html

ok, but why don't they publish them in the -announce ml ?

> It's accessible from the left navigation bar on the OpenBSD main site
> under the link "Patches". That seems reasonably visible for anybody who
> wants to make an effort to check.

that's the point, why just "Patches" and not why they don't announce
them publicly (read in usenet and ml). so, you have to check yourself
for the information which FreeBSD push them to you which is the way
to go, IMHO.

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net