Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:55:35 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: All your laptops are belong to Windows.

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

If the laptop can do PXE-boot, it may be easier to build that
custom-kernel for a PXE-install...

Search for FreeBSD PXE install on Google.

But I agree that it might be a better idea to get another laptop. I
didn't have much problems with the FSC E8010, but it's not the cheapest
and the power-management left something to be desired, I will retry it,
though in the next weeks or months. Also, as the support for vmware4 on
FreeBSD matures, it might also kill the only other reason for Linux on
that thing ;-)

If you want to keep a HP, try a NX 7010 and see if that works better.
The "Pavillion"-series is really the low-end of the spectrum.

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer@ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~