Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 18:35:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        dicen@hooked.net
Subject:   Re: User ppp not hanging up modem.

As dicen@hooked.net wrote:

> User ppp not hanging up modem.
>
> This seams to be a real annoying problem that a number of people have in
> current and 2.2alpha. I have read some posts on usenet about it. In
> relase 2.10 and 2.1.5 user ppp would hang up my modem on either a
> timeout or when I did a close command. Now it does neither.

Interesting.  I'm using IIJPPP a lot (for dialout), and never
experienced _this_ problem.  (Don't get me wrong, IIJPPP is full of
problems, i know it.)

Maybe this is since i'm locking `hupcl' on the underlying tty device?

j@uriah 350% cat /etc/rc.serial
stty -f /dev/cuala1 crtscts hupcl
stty -f /dev/cuaia1 crtscts
stty -f /dev/ttyld1 crtscts hupcl
stty -f /dev/ttyid1 crtscts

Can you try this and see if it changes the behaviour?

--
cheers, J"org