Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:44:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-toolkits/qt Makefile ports/x11-toolkits/qt133 Makefile

 * Yes, and then a respository copy from qt140 to qt141 ;-)

You want a *what*? ;)

After the latest qt and gtk debacle, I'm very weary of allowing
another qt version in the tree.  I have a few questions I need to ask
you first:

(1) Is qt141 upwards compatible to qt140?  In other words, can I
    change the USE_QT define in bsd.port.mk, cvs remove qt140 (in
    other words, this is a straght upgrade, with the repository copy
    only necessary because of the name change) and will the entire
    world be happy?

(2) If not, how hard do you think is it to fix all the ports that
    don't work with qt141?

Satoshi