Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:08:12 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Bryon <rephend@hoosierlink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation problems

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Bryon wrote:

> I have tried installing from
> cd-rom and from a floppy boot disk, still having the same problem. I
> realize that it says it may take awhile, but 7 hours is more than
> awhile.  Is there anything in my system that might cause it to freeze or
> something I done wrong during the first few steps?

Did you remove all unecessary devices from the device-list? Were there
any conflicts left when the machine started booting? [Remember *NOT*
to remove sc0]

What version of FreeBSD? Machine specs? You'll have to give the list
(and not me personally!) a bit more information about just what you
did during installation.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen