Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 14:58:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Michael Dungan <vega@sanitysedge.com>
To:        Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: QT/Nethack port, does it work?

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Colin Eric Johnson wrote:

> I'll admit that I have a soft spot in my heart (some might say my head)
> for nethack and I really enjoy the QT frontend that was developed. I was
> trying to build this from /usr/ports/games/nethack-qt on my recently
> installed (yesterday) 3.2 system. I get as far as the actual build of
> hethack (patched for freebsd and qt) and it stops here:

<errors and stuff snipped>

> So, I'd love to have nethack-qt working, just as a distraction, anyone
> seen this behavior? Does anyone know what I can do to change it?

I had the same problem a few months ago, with nethackqt, and a
slashemqt port i was attempting to make. I tried re-making the c++
lib, and re-installing qt, but to no avail. After awhile i gave up on both
of them, and compiled them to use X11 graphics, rather than the qt tiles.

> Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
> ``It takes a lot to get me desperate, and a lot is what I took''
> from - The Adventures of Ruby the Galactic Gumshoe

-----BEGIN NETHACK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 1.1
NH 3.2.2U A VEGA-PM HP:512 Pw:1166 AC:-36 L:30 T:111748 N
          @W(wd(10)) N !b !B Y? X+ So+ Sp+++ sb- !wb +2
------END NETHACK CODE BLOCK------